Wednesday 13 June 2012

Long time, no yarn along.

 Oh my goodness me!!  What a long time since I joined in with Ginny's yarn along.  I've been busy on a commissioned bag, but have also been actually working on something for me!  Can you believe it, things for me usually get pushed down to the bottom of the pile, and  forgotten about.  Well, I had actually forgotten about this, I was twiddling my thumbs the other evening wondering what I could do, thinking I had nothing on the go, when suddenly I remembered this jacket I was working on.  Mum had bought me the cotton (Aunt Lydia's crochet cotton size 10) for Christmas with this very jacket in mind.  So I picked it up and continued from where I had left off.  I am pleased to have sussed out the arm holes, as basically this is one big circle with two holes for the arms to go through, and I have reached that point now, and I can see what is happening.  Funny how you cannot see how it works until you reach it (or is that just me?) 

It is two strands of cotton crocheted together, with the tiniest of crochet hooks (2.5mm), so I find it quite hard going on my hands, and certainly know if I have crocheted too much in one go, but I am so looking forward to seeing this finished, I really think  it will be something very special.  However, I still have a long way to go, and think it may certainly keep me busy for the rest of the year (in between other projects too!)

 As for reading, I am re-reading Buddhism for mothers by Sarah Napthali.  First time I read it I didn't really know much about buddhism, but found the book really useful with regard to parenting.  Since then, I have read much more about buddhism, but have found it difficult to relate it to my life as a mother of four with little time for meditation etc.  So I am re-reading it and finding new perspectives on it, and probably getting much more out of it second time around. 
Off to see what everyone else has been up to, have missed catching up on quite a few blogs and projects.

9 comments:

  1. Wow..can't imagine crocheting 2 strands of cotton together on such a small hook...your hands ..indeed!! I love how it is coming along though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the crochet..looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking Good! I often get sore hands from crochet, particularly if I try and do to much in an evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the colors...what talent. Your book looks interesting I may just have to see if my library has it.


    With All That I Am
    Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What patience you must have for such fine yarn/hook. Looking good x

    Great book, by my bedside somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful crochet, love the colours, not sure I could cope with two strands of cotton together on such a tiny hook........................you are a better woman than I, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must be making a very dense fabric on such fine hooks! It looks lovely though :) It will be interesting to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is amazing - look forward to seeing how this comes together.

    Enjoy the hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crochet looks amazing - I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair, have a cuppa and some cake, and if you feel like it, leave a comment.
xx