Tuesday 22 May 2012

Happy Days!

 How the sun makes such a difference.  Our first al fresco meal of the year.  Just Sophie and I whilst everyone else was at school or work.  But it felt so nice, there really is something special about eating outside, and Sophie obviously thought so too, as she ate really well!

Over the weekend I realised it was a good friend's birthday on Monday, and was initially going to try and find something in the shops, but then decided to make a phone cozy for her, as the one she had didn't fit her phone very well.  I am so pleased with how it turned out, I think I may make a few more ;) 
 Mr postman has been very busy too, I saw this badge on facebook as a work in progress, and immediately fell in love with it.  I was wanting a badge for my felt jacket, and just knew that this would be perfect.  It is from ScrapunzelPixie on Etsy.  And she has given me a code for 20% off if anyone is interested in any of her things there, just let me know and I can share the code.
 Another wonderful parcel was this BFL roving that was so very kindly dyed for me by Sarah.  I wasn't initially sure what I would make with it, but I think it is calling out to be navajo plyed to keep the changes in colour together, and then turned into a little shawlette.  Just got to findd me a simple pattern, because I don't think I would ever get the time to be able to concentrate on a lace pattern!!
 A surprise card in the post from a wonderful friend, which made my day.  Simple little gestures like that can mean so much.  Which reminds me that I really should put pen to paper that little more frequently.
 And then a custom made journal for me to write down my inspirations and ideas for craft projects.  Again from Etsy, a lovely lady called Helen at WickedFaerieGifts.  As soon as there is a break in this glorious weather, my ideas will be written down and planned out in this beautiful book.
These are a few things that have been making my days happy, I just thought I would share them with you.

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you! I just started knitting a blanket out of wonderfully soft merino. It has been chilly with showers the last few days which spurs me on to knit fast (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - we ate outside yesterday too :-) I love the broach and journal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the phone cosy - it looks amazing! I have bought some stuff from Scrapunzel in the past, it was a brooch of a moon gazing hare and I love it.
    Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy more alfresco meals this year!

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair, have a cuppa and some cake, and if you feel like it, leave a comment.
xx