Saturday 10 December 2011

The Guild competition

 The day of the bag competition.  Three tables jam packed with handmade bags.  I dread to think how many hours of work was represented there!  There were woven bags, felted, and knitted, of all shapes and sizes.  One thing is for certain, there is alot of talent represented within the guild.  We all were able to vote for our favourite bag, not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination.  But the overall winner was this beautiful felted, appliqued and machine stitched bag by Ruth.
 We then turned our hands to some needle felting.  It is something I have wanted to do for ages, and have even asked for some needles for Christmas, so to get to have a play before hand was a real treat.  I made too little plaques, one abstract...
 ...and one more seasonal.
Needless to say I am "hooked"!! 

A lovely evening, which ended all too soon (a sign of a good time!)  Came away with the programme for next year, which looks to introduce me to even more elements of fibrecraft I have yet to discover!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, ah another craft addiction ... that's how it goes ;-)

    Hope you get your needles for christmas, more fun to be had in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what lovely work from the guild, and I love your needle felting. Another new craft! Multi-talented fibre crafting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, the winning bag sure was pretty. I have never tried needle felting but I really like the effect...I am not sure I can take on even more crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab bag, its gorgeous! A worthy winner! Do hope you get your needles, we have loved needle felting here. Making baubles is so easy and so much fun. My oldest boy has got really into it and has made some lovely decorations for our tree and a sweet little mouse! I love your little plaques too. they would look amazing framed!

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair, have a cuppa and some cake, and if you feel like it, leave a comment.
xx