Thursday 24 November 2011

Yarn along - a bit late

Ok, a day late, but it's the joining in that counts isn't it?  So here's my belated contribution to Ginny's yarn along.

But one thing I am determined not to be late with is the granny stripe blanket.  Definitely over half way now, and aiming to do a colour a night, although life seems to be conspiring against me this week!  Time is becoming more and more precious as we up the activities leading to Christmas along with all the preparations, so spare moments are grasped here and there to achieve my target.
 Nights are getting later and later too.  And reading is probably one thing I struggle with at the best of times.  But taking part in a book swap, my partner realised my inability to devote much time to reading before falling asleep, and sent a couple of books of short stories.  I have started on this one, which is all based in China.  Ironically I have probably read more this last week, as I keep thinking, it's only a short story, I'll just finish it!
So there we are, late with my yarn along, but trying not to be late with the important things in life. 

9 comments:

  1. What a stunning rainbow of colours. I love granny blankets :) So cosy and warm.

    suzy @ http://scrapsofstarlight.blogspot.com/2011/11/yarn-along-project-complete.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is looking gorgeous! I find I'm the same with short stories, I don't want to stop until they're done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in the blanket!
    Since having my little one I've been unable to read a long story, I'm always busy doing something!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful blanket:)
    many blessings to you and yours, friend:)
    love,
    rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh looking good Claire. Imagining all us mama's now beavering away in silence in the middle of the night!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks amazing, Claire - it will be so loved. xx

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair, have a cuppa and some cake, and if you feel like it, leave a comment.
xx